Foiling for everyone
WHAT IS THE F101?
- The F101 is an all new foiling trimaran, aimed specifically at those sailors that, for whatever reason, thought foiling was too difficult for them.
- The F101 concept originates from the experience of teaching many people to foil in the international Moth class, and addressing the main barriers they faced.
- So we set about creating a new boat without the design restrictions of a box rule - in this way foiling can be made easier.
- Our ethos is simple - create a foiling boat that anyone can sail.
WHO IS BEHIND THE F101?
The F101 is collaboration of some of the major brands within the marine industry.
- Sportsboatworld.com - worldwide distributors for the SB20 one design Sportsboat.
- Pro-Vela.com - the world's first foiling school, and teaching foiling since 2009.
- Whiteformula.com, one of worlds leading brands for small racing multihulls, also the builder of the SB20 and the Whisper foiling catamaran.
- Ron Price, Senior Lecturer in Naval Architecture at Solent University.
- Hyde Sails, Selden Masts and Harken have all been an integral part of the design group.
- A new company, Foiling World Ltd has been incorporated that will be the trading company for the F101.
KEY DESIGN FEATURES OF THE F101?
- A strict one design foiling boat capable of carrying larger sailors and/or a passenger/crew.
- A safe, stable, and trustworthy platform when foiling AND at low speeds.
- Must be capable of being launched and landed from a trolley in shallow water.
- Must be easy to rig, sail and handle.
- Must be able to lead the beginner foiler through to higher levels and challenges.
- A community of sailors that pursues fun and competitive sailing.
- Easy on the eye and not cost a fortune!